Park House Primary School
Vision, Ethos and Values
Our vision is to provide a happy, caring and stimulating environment where children will achieve their fullest potential so that they can make their best contribution to society.
At Park House Primary:
- We work towards attaining a welcoming, calm and purposeful atmosphere, in which everyone feels valued, motivated and takes pleasure in their learning.
- The school environment is attractive, stimulating and informative. This requires planning and organisation to ensure that good models are presented and the school maintains a clean tidy and organised and cared for appearance.
- The staff will aspire to present clear, consistent guidelines for behaviour in accordance with school rules. Children will be encouraged to show consideration and respect for others and their property.
- Positive attitudes are fostered towards differences of gender, race, age and special needs.
- Children will be encouraged to develop self-discipline, sense of pride in themselves and their school and recognise that their school is part of a wider community.
- We provide quality education which sets high standards and recognises the individual child’s needs. Children will feel confident within themselves so that they can take an active role in their learning.
- We have high expectations of the children’s achievement and encourage them to hold these same expectations of themselves in learning and also in their personal and social development.
- We provide a wide but structured curriculum that gives progression, continuity and also flexibility.
- We feel that all members of the school should strive to be fair, polite and sympathetic at all times. We demonstrate the qualities of patience, honesty, tolerance and good humour in our dealings with others.
- Staff will provide positive role models in terms of how we value good manners and behaviour and teach good social behaviour and consideration with others.
- We acknowledge the support that parents give in regard to the ethos of the school and recognise the partnership with parents is paramount to ensure the continuing development of the child.
- We aim for a consistent, caring and organised environment where self-discipline and consideration for others is valued.