Welcome to Year 1!
Welcome to Year One. Your teacher is called Mrs Watkinson and the teaching assistant is Mrs Millward. On Tuesday afternoon Mrs Ellis will be in.
- PE is on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. We do PE outside wherever possible so please ensure that PE kits include tracksuit bottoms and a warm top as well as shorts and t-shirt for inside. Earrings need to be removed or covered with plasters.
- Please ensure that all of your child's clothing is labelled with their name.
- Your child will be responsible for changing their own individual reading book before/ after school. Guided reading books will not be sent home with your child. Please try to read with your child at least 3 times a week. When children have read 3 or more times each week, raffle tickets are rewarded to them, with the chance to win a prize. The more reading, the more chances to win!
- Each week your child will be given spellings to learn. They will be tested on these weekly. The day your child will be tested is stated in their spelling book.
- Your child will also be given number bonds to learn. They will be tested on these weekly but there is not set day for this.
Please feel free to pop by and have a chat about anything you need.
Have you seen the Kids' Zone? Play games, and visit some cool websites. You can vote for your favourites!