Welcome to Year 1!
Welcome to Year One. Your teachers are Mrs Gavan and Mrs Kelly and the teaching assistants are Mrs Millward and Mrs B Jackson.
- PE is on Monday and Fridays. We do PE outside wherever possible so please ensure your child is wearing suitable clothes for PE on these days. Earrings need to be removed or covered with plasters.
- Please ensure that all of your child's clothing is labelled with their name.
- Your child will have two reading books sent home a week. One will be phonics based and have a focus sound (as shown on the front of the book) and the other will be from their reading band. With the phonic book, it is especially important that the children are the ones to read the words with the focus sound, even if they need support reading other parts of the story. These books will only be changed once they are confident with the sound and we are happy they are ready to move on.
- Please try to read with your child at least 3 times a week. When children have read 3 or more times each week, Dojo raffle tickets are rewarded to them, with the chance to win a prize. The more reading, the more chances to win! Reading at home needs to be recorded in their reading diaries please.
- Each week your child will be given spellings to learn. Spellings and the days they are to be tested will be added to their dojo portfolio weekly.
- Your child will also be given number bonds to learn. They will be tested on these weekly but there is not set day for this.
Have you seen the Kids' Zone? Play games, and visit some cool websites. You can vote for your favourites!