Welcome to Year 1!
Welcome to Year One. Your teachers are Mrs Gavan and Mrs Kelly and the teaching assistants are Mrs Sanderson and Miss Clarke.
- PE is on Wednesdays and Thursdays. PE kits are now to be kept in school. As the weather gets a bit cooler, please ensure your child has a tracksuit top and tracksuit bottoms/leggings to keep them warmer as we will be doing PE outside this term as much as possible. Earrings need to be removed or covered with plasters.
- Please ensure that all of your child's clothing is labelled with their name.
- Please try to read with your child at least 3 times a week. Children earn dojo points for their reading at home each week. One session at home = one dojo, two sessions at home = two dojos etc, up to a maximum of five dojos! Reading at home needs to be recorded in their reading diaries please.
- Spellings come home in blue books each week. Please learn these at home ready for your weekly test on Tuesday or Wednesday.
- We will sometimes send additional phonics work home. Please support your child with this work at home.
- Please don't forget, regular Numbots use is part of our homework too. If you've forgotten your log in, do please get in touch.
Have you seen the Kids' Zone? Play games, and visit some cool websites. You can vote for your favourites!
We'll pop some useful links below that you might find helpful.