Welcome to Reception!
Welcome to Reception! I hope your child is enjoying coming to school and learning every day.
The class teachers are Mrs Gavan and Mrs Kelly. Mrs Goodwin is our teaching assistant.
In Reception we will be learning through lots of fun, play based activities which fall into the 7 areas of learning for the Early Years Foundation Stage. These are;
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
- Physical Development
- We will have PE on Monday, Thursdays and Fridays so please make sure your child's PE kit is in school on these days.
- We will be going outside to play throughout the year so please ensure your child has a coat and sensible shoes appropriate for the weather.
- Please put names on all belongings to prevent them from getting mixed up.
- Your child has been given a reading book for you to share with them. Please try to read with them as often as possible, encouranging them to try to read as much for themsleves as they can.
- Word books will contain sounds, then words for your child to practise reading and writing.
- Please bring book bags daily and put out reading records, reading books and word books in the classroom each morning.
- Please feel free to come and chat about anything you need.
- We will be sending home Homework diaries for the children to try writing a sentence about what they have done at the weekend and a drawing to go with this. Remember to encourage Capital letters, full stops and finger spaces in between words.
Do you have any ideas for this page? Why not let your teacher know!
Have you seen the Kids' Zone? Play games, and visit some cool websites. You can vote for your favourites!