Welcome to Reception!
Welcome to Reception! I hope your child is enjoying coming to school and learning every day.
The class teachers are Mrs Gavan and Mrs Kelly. Mrs Goodwin is our teaching assistant.
In Reception we will be learning through lots of fun, play based activities which fall into the 7 areas of learning for the Early Years Foundation Stage. These are;
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
- Physical Development
- We will have PE on Monday, Thursdays and Fridays so please make sure your child's PE kit is in school on these days.
- We will be going outside to play throughout the year so please ensure your child has a coat and sensible shoes appropriate for the weather.
- Please put names on all belongings to prevent them from getting mixed up.
- Your child has been given a reading book for you to share with them. Please try to read with them as often as possible, encouranging them to try to read as much for themselves as they can.
- Word books will contain sounds, then words for your child to practise reading and writing.
- Please bring book bags daily and put out reading folders in the boxes on the corridor each morning.
- Children will also bring home a writing book to practice number and letter formation and their next step sheet with their personal targets on for you to support them with at home.
Do you have any ideas for this page? Why not let your teacher know!
Have you seen the Kids' Zone? Play games, and visit some cool websites. You can vote for your favourites!