Welcome to Year 3!
Welcome to Year Three! Our teacher is Mrs Robinson and we are helped by Miss Smallwood each day. We are taught by Mrs Ellis on a Friday afternoon.
If there is anything concerning you that you wish to discuss with us, please call by the classroom and have a chat.
We are very busy in Year Three so below is some key information to help you know what is happening during a typical week.
- PE is on a Wednesday and Thursday, so children will need to wear suitable, named clothes on these days. Earrings will need to be removed or covered over for PE – please remember staff are unable to help with this. A jumper and tracksuit bottoms will be needed for outdoor games. We will continue to go outdoors as long as the weather is fit.
- Spellings will be posted on Class Dojo and the school website on Friday. Spellings will also be tested on Friday mornings. Please encourage your child to learn their spellings as they are tailored to suit each individual child and form the basis of their targets.
- Weekly homework is to read 3 times, play 3 garage games on TTRockstars and learn spellings. A piece of short numeracy or reading comprehension may be sent home if needed for revision. Please encourage your child to complete homework as it is targeted to their individual needs and does support and extend what we have been learning in the classroom.
- Times Tables Rock Stars is the program we use to set, monitor and assess times tables. Each child has their own user name and password (stuck in their diary) and is set a task to play at least 3 times per week. We test Y3 tables daily as part of our maths lessons. Dojo raffle tickets will be given for each child completing their 3 sessions, with the chance to win a prize!
- The children are responsible for changing their own reading books before or after school and are expected to have their reading book and homework diary in school each day. Reading at home makes a huge difference to your child’s progress, so please ensure to read regularly together at home throughout the week and sign the diary on that particular days page. Again, when children have read 3 or more times each week, dojo raffle tickets are rewarded to them, with the chance to win a prize. The more reading, the more chances to win !
Please feel free to have a look around our webpage to see some of the things we are learning about this term. We will try to update it as often as possible. If you have any ideas for things you’d like to see included on this page be sure to let us know.
Don't forget to try out the links at the bottom of the page!
Have you seen the Kids' Zone? Play games, and visit some cool websites. You can vote for your favourites !