Welcome to Year 5!
Welcome to Year 5's class page. Miss Bailey is your class teacher and Mrs Clarke, Miss Clarke and Mrs Newton are your teaching assistants. Miss Clarke will teach you on a Friday afternoon.
- PE this term will take place on Monday and Thursday afternoons, so please make sure kits are in school. Please check that your child's kit includes a warm top and tracksuit bottoms for outdoor PE in cooler weather. Shorts and t-shirts are essential for PE in warmer weather. If your child has pierced ears, they must be taken out or covered securely with a plaster. Please remember that staff are unable to help with this.
Thursday - Maths homework due in.
- Ukulele lesson with Mrs Charles and Mrs Miles (11am- 11:45am).
Friday - Maths homework (linked to the week's learning) and spellings set for
the following week.
- Spelling test
- Times Tables Rockstars challenges are set every Friday and sessions recur weekly. Dojos will be awarded for children who complete or exceed the set amount of games in the arena each week. The more times you play, the more dojos you will be awarded. An exciting prize is up for grabs at the end of term!
- Your child is responsible for changing their own reading book before or after school and are expected to have their reading book and homework diary in school each day. Reading at home makes a huge difference to your child's progress, so please ensure to read regularly together at home throughout the week and sign your child's diary.
- To encourage reading at home, dojos are being awarded for children who get their diaries signed by an adult. Again, the more times you read, the greater your chances are of winning a prize at the end of term! Your child's reading diary will be checked every Friday.